3D Print Hybrid Project!!!


For our final Object Design project we have been assigned with making a self supporting 3D printed hybrid that includes both my design as well as my partner Lucy's design. This is a very exciting final project as well as our first collaborative assignment!


These are our chosen designs out of the 14 below



My Designs

Lucy's DesignsSketchesI enjoyed coming up with multiple printing options, my favorites were the first and obviously the last one, and in the end I love our little dude we were able to print.I think the design that we went with in the end was definitely a gamble to go with just because we weren't 100% if we would have a successful print without supports, however, we were able to alter each of our designs just enough to get it to work, completely self supporting!
For our first combo we decided to use my twizzler/spiral shaped model and Lucy's spheric bulb shaped model to create this object that somehow ended up resembling a little jellyfish looking guy. We had to adjust each of our models a little to make it fit better into the concept. When we noticed it was starting to look like a creature/jellyfish, we also added the two eyes onto Lucy's model. 

I think this design is really cool since we somehow managed to make this cute little guy out of two completely random shapes. The bottom of this version of the design specifically, we assumed would be too steep and probably wouldn't print well, so in the final model I combined my twizzler shaped model into a full circle, making our full design look way more stable, and also giving it much better odds of a successful print.





Final Revised and Printed Design!!!!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Papercraft: Research

Papercraft: Digital Samples

Mesh Mashup (Concept Generation)